We facilitate communities that learn together.
Our consultants support educators in learning and growing by
demonstrating hands-on with your students,
bringing research-driven methods for teaching and learning,
and a passion for inquiry.
- The Educator Collaborative is a think-tank of educators studying research and classroom practice.
- We aim to translate the best of teaching and learning into next steps for you and your school.
- Our network of consultants study with you, hands-on in your classrooms.
- No one-size-fits-all. Consultants tailor their work to your goals.
- Consultants are also available for distance learning.
- Meet over the web or phone at times that work in your busy schedule.
- Our consultants are nationally recognized educators, authors, scholars, and speakers
- We bring our deep knowledge of standards work through the lens of actual, in-classroom practice
- Our experience includes instruction that supports Danielson “Framework for Teaching” Domains, CCSS, ISTE Technology Standards, among others
- We believe a quick “sit-and-get” is not how anyone learns best.
- We prioritize schools and districts interested in multi-day in person and online relationships.
- The most effective schools are those that actively study together.
Our network of consultants specialize in:
- Standards Integration, including Literacy, Teacher Effectiveness, and Technology Standards
- Reading Workshop and Writing Workshop
- Secondary Literature and Writing Instruction
- Literacy in the Content Areas
Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Diversity and Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Social Justice Education
Digital Literacy / Literacy and Technology Integration
- Education Technology Integration with Literacy
- Hands-on “Up and Running” Technology Trainings (1-1, Google Apps, Chromebooks, iPads, etc.)
- Support for Administrators with Instructional Leadership
- Instructional Coaching Training, Methods, and Support
- Whole School Growth Models
- Curriculum Development and Review Support
Literacy Site Review
- “Snapshot” Site Walkthrough and Conversations for Progress Assessment
Examples of consultants’ recent work:
A 2-day intensive visit in a small district, walking through classroom with leaders and staff to provide evaluation of current literacy best practices and develop next steps.
Multiple in-school consulting visits, across multiple school years, to support a high school in developing more robust and student-centered literature and writing instructional practices.
Afterschool PD sessions with teachers during a 1-1 technology roll out, providing differentiated support from both “how to turn this on” through using Google Apps in sophisticated ways with students.
Multiple consultants presented at a district Professional Development Day including providing a keynote and breakout sessions to support the staff during a day of learning.
After-school, online webinar for a small local Reading Council, bringing state-of-the-art practices to an engaged community at an affordable rate
And many more!
Our goal is to support your goals for learning, joy, and student development!
In-School Consulting Days start at $1,500 and vary by consultant. Online options available as well.
Please contact us to discuss your goals and help us plan a path of support that best meets your needs.