Please review the Additional Terms and Conditions for Virtual Think Tanks carefully before registering.
We aim to offer the highest quality, innovative, and inspiring professional development and collaboration opportunities. To that end it is important that we have an accurate accounting of registered participants and can fully fund the exciting experiences we will bring to you. Each Virtual Think Tank is made up of only a select and limited number of participants. Therefore, we must adhere to clear Terms and Conditions and appreciate your understanding. If you need clarification, please do not hesitate to write to us prior to registering. Once you have registered, you have agreed to abide by these additional terms and conditions.
Note: gender neutral pronouns (they/their/themselves) are used throughout and may refer to a singular or plural noun, as indicated by context.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR “VIRTUAL THINK TANKS” Please read our
General Terms and Conditions which govern this additional set of terms and conditions.
- Individuals may apply for themselves or an unlimited number of others employed by their same district or organization, provided he or she is authorized to make purchases on behalf of the listed individuals.
- All admittance decisions are private and final. All decisions are based on multiple factors, however no individual will be denied on basis of race, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, location, age, disability, or national origin.
- To the best we are able, The Educator Collaborative will attempt to make reasonable accommodations for an accepted registrant who indicates they are experiencing a disability if they do so at least 14 days prior to the first meeting. If we are unable to make accommodations will we inform the participant and offer a full refund.
- One virtual “seat” is equal to, and may only to be used for, one specific and identifiable person.
- Virtual Think Tanks do not allow more than one person to use a seat. Participants will appear live on camera and audio and this requirement is strictly enforced in order to provide an intimate and safe, personal learning environment.
- An individual is considered “registered” after their registration has been marked as “Completed” through our website. Notice will be sent, including a receipt.
- Payment is due at time of registration.
- Credit Card: Payment from individuals or schools/organizations outside of the United States is only accepted by credit card.
- Purchase Order: Payment from accredited schools and districts in the United States may be made by Purchase Order for the full amount (term: Net 30. Seats are competitive, we require full payment before the first session. Unpaid Purchase Orders may result in canceled registration).
- Please contact us if you have special circumstances and, when possible, we will do our best to accommodate.
Cancellations and Substitutions
- If a participant has already registered and later need to cancel a seat (or one created for another employee), the purchaser must write an email to Contact@TheEducatorCollaborative.com to request a cancellation.
- We provide a ten business day grace period on Virtual Think Tank seats, ending at 11:59 EST on the tenth business day after registration, to cancel registration(s) for a full refund.
- After registering, if a participant wishes to cancel or substitute a seat 10 business days after your registration and up to 20 calendar days after the first scheduled session, a refund for that seat minus a $105 cancellation fee, per canceled seat will be processed.
- If a participant wishes to cancel a seat more than 20 days after the first scheduled session then the participant will forfeit that seat’s entire registration fee and no refund will be given.
- We strongly advise against substitutions after the first session as it disrupts the community forming within each group and may be harder to catch a new participant up.
- 20 days after the first session, no refund or credit will be given and no substitutions will be made, regardless if a registrant attends or not.
Missing Sessions or Non-Attendance
- The online Virtual Think Tank is a live collaborative meeting of educators. These sessions only take place during the scheduled times, live. While we know schedules are busy, consider these sessions similar to any in-person course or group meeting.
- Attendance is the responsibility of the participant. By registering, the participant agrees to free their schedule so they can attend all sessions for the full time. While we understand things sometimes come up, there are generally no methods to “make up” sessions one has missed and no credits will be issued for future offerings. No discounts, refunds, reductions, or other adjustments to payment are permitted for missing sessions or non-attendance, beyond those specified in the “Cancellations and Substitutions” section above.
- These sessions are generally not recorded. Though, in some instances, and only with prior consent of participants, for The Educator Collaborative, LLC’s internal-use, we may record sessions to aid in our internal development/review, for marketing, or other purposes.
- Cohort leaders will contact participants prior to meetings and indicate which virtual meeting space will be used (e.g. Hangout, Skype, Zoom, or other related type). At that time, it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure they are able to access that virtual meeting space, including downloading and testing any required software.
- No participant will be required to pay for any subscription or upgrade. No reimbursements will be made.
- Participants are responsible for testing their device and internet connection at least 48 hours prior to each meeting, using the same device and same internet server/location the participant will use for the meeting (e.g. if you use your laptop on your school’s internet connection, test both).
- As computer, networks, and various other factors vary widely, we do not guarantee participants will be able to connect to live sessions successfully. We are unable to provide technical assistance once a session has begun. Plan to test equipment and/or contact us at least 48 hours in advance to allow time for troubleshooting.
- We usually do not provide refunds due to technology issues on the user end, in some cases one may be able to phone-in if technology is not working during a particular session. However, we discourage phoning in for more than one session.
- If a participant has tested their equipment in advance and have contacted us prior to a session and is still unable to connect, please write an email to us at Contact@TheEduacatorCollaborative.com and we are happy to work with the participant to find a resolution.
- We aim to adhere to the schedule of sessions. If a Cohort leader becomes ill or unable to lead a session we will provide a replacement consultant for the same time/date or alternatively, cohort members, along with the Cohort leader(s), may agree to go on with one-less Cohort leader (in the case of co-lead Cohorts) or select an alternate date/time and if mutually agreeable the session with go on as rescheduled. No refunds or credits will be given in these instances.
- If we cannot provide an alternate Cohort leader and are forced to change the date of a session, we will work with participants to find a resolution including, but not limited to, a mutually agreeable make-up session, or offering to cancel a registration and refund any remaining fees if the participant no longer wishes to participate given the schedule change. The refund will be prorated as a fraction of remaining sessions, against the total cohort fee, minus a $105 cancellation fee.
- If extenuating circumstances arise, such as natural disasters, severe illness, registration problems, or other issues, please write an email to us at Contact@TheEducatorCollaborative.com and will we work with you to find a solution.