Please review the Additional Terms and Conditions for Special Events carefully before registering.
We aim to offer the highest quality, innovative, and inspiring professional development and collaboration opportunities. To that end it is important that we have an accurate accounting of registered participants and can fully fund the exciting experiences we will bring to you. Each event is made up of only a select and limited number of participants. Therefore, we must adhere to clear Terms and Conditions and appreciate your understanding. If you need clarification, please do not hesitate to write to us prior to registering. Once you have registered, you have agreed to abide by these additional terms and conditions.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR “SPECIAL EVENTS”
Please read our General Terms and Conditions which govern this additional set of terms and conditions.
- Individuals may apply for themselves or an unlimited number of others employed by their district or organization, until the available number of “seats” have been filled.
- One virtual “seat” is equal to, and may only to be used for, one specific and identifiable person. The Educator Collaborative does not allow more than one person to use a seat.
- An individual is considered “registered” after they have completed the online registration process and payment has been processed and received.
- The Educator Collaborative reserves the right to deny or revoke registration to any individual for any reason, these decisions are private and final. Depending on the timing of this decision (as described below) full, partial, or no payment may be refunded. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us prior to registration.
- Payment is due at time of registration and no later than five (5) business days before the start of the Special Event. Five (5) business days prior to the start of the Special Event unpaid applications will be canceled.
- Credit Card: Payment from individuals are only accepted by credit card. The full payment is due at time of registration.
- Purchase Order: Payment from United States schools and districts may be made by Purchase Order (term: Net 30).
- Please contact us if you have special circumstances and, when possible, we will do our best to accommodate.
Cancellations and Substitutions
Event spaces are limited and we must make use of every available seat. These strict guidelines ensure every person who wishes to actively attend has an equal opportunity to. Thank you for your understanding. Do not register if you do not agree to these terms.Once you have registered, you have agreed to abide by these terms and conditions.
- If you have already registered and later need to cancel your seat (or one you created for another employee), you must write an email to Contact@TheEducatorCollaborative.com to request a cancellation.
- Within 24 hours of registration (“Grace Period”), regardless of when it took place, you may cancel for a full refund.
- If you wish to cancel after the Grace Period and 15 calendar days before the Special Event you will receive a refund minus a 25% cancelation fee.
- If you wish to cancel less than 15 days before the Special Event and beyond the Grace Period you will forfeit your entire registration fee and no refund will be given, whether you attend or not.
- Participant substitutions, for the same seat and registration level, are permitted up to five (5) business day before the Event. After that time no substitutions are allowed. If items were shipped in conjunction with the Special Event, it will be the substituting party’s responsibility to transfer items to the new participant. The Educator Collaborative will not supply additional materials.
Missing Sessions or Non-Attendance
- The online, Special Event, is a live collaborative meeting of educators. These sessions only take place during the scheduled times, live.
- By registering, you agree to free your schedule so you can attend all sessions for the full time. While we understand things sometimes come up, there are generally no methods to “make up” sessions you have missed and no credits issued for future offerings.
- These sessions are generally not recorded. Though, in some instances, and only with your prior consent, for The Educator Collaborative, LLC’s internal-use, we may record sessions to aide in our internal staff development/review, for marketing, or other purposes. Again, you would be asked for prior consent and no recording will take place without your knowledge.
- Please review the Technology Requirements on the specific Special Event page for which you are registering.
- As computer, networks, and various other factors vary widely, we do not guarantee you will be able to connect to live sessions successfully. We are unable to provide technical assistance once a session has begun. Plan to test your equipment and/or contact us at least 48 hours in advance to allow time for troubleshooting.
- We usually do not provide refunds due to technology issues on the user end, in some cases you may be able to phone-in if your technology is not working during a particular session. However, you may not phone in for more than one session.
- If you have tested your equipment in advance and have contacted us prior to your sessions and you are still unable to connect, please write an email to us at Contact@TheEduacatorCollaborative.com and we are happy to work with you to find a resolution.
- We aim to adhere to the schedule of sessions. If one of our consultants becomes ill or unable to lead a session we will guarantee a replacement consultant for the same time/date. Alternatively, your cohort members, along with the consultant, may select an alternate date/time and if mutually agreeable the session with go on as rescheduled. No refunds or credits will be given in these instances.
- If we cannot provide an alternate consultant and are forced to change the date of a session, we will work with you to find a resolution including, but not limited to, a mutually agreeable make-up session, or offering to cancel your registration and refund any remaining fees if you no longer wish to participate given the schedule change.
- If extenuating circumstances arise, such as natural disasters, severe illness, registration problems, or other issues, please write an email to us at Contact@TheEducatorCollaborative.com and will we work with you to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
- In the unlikely case that a Force Majeure event makes it impossible or dangerous for The Educator Collaborative to present the scheduled Special Event, registered participants will be notified and we will work with you to find an agreeable resolution, including but not limited to a rescheduled event.