#TheEdCollabGathering Session Proposal
Session Description and Terms
Click Here to Read
- Live-streaming sessions are 45 minutes on one topic.
- Everyone is volunteering their time. We do, though, hope the outreach and ability to share your ideas and insights makes it worth your time. No speaking fee or other remuneration may be invoiced, requested, or otherwise expected in exchange for presenting.
- We welcome you sharing your website, social media, and other contact information, however these sessions should not be used as explicit product demonstrations.
- Our Anti-Racist Policy on Session Representation: Sessions that propose to present on topics related to exploring identity (e.g. “Diverse Books,” etc.) will generally only be accepted if the is BIPOC speaker representation on the live panel. While majority/white educators do need to engage in this scholarship and work, our anti-racist stance is such that we recognize minoritized voices need to have a particular place in public sessions such as those presented at the Gathering.
- We will broadcast live with Zoom. Sessions will be automatically recorded and will appear on our YouTube channel after broadcast. Sessions will stay archived on Gathering.TheEducatorCollaborative.com until the next gathering and our YouTube channel until taken down.
- If your session is selected, you will work with one of our Tech Team members to practice.
- Plan to be available at least one hour before your scheduled session to have a final technology check.
- Please adhere to a strict 40-45 minute session.
- Very important: Due to United States law and Google/Youtube’s strict copyright rules, you may not play audio, video, or show images or text that you do not own or that do not meet fair-use laws. You must accept our Terms and Conditions, including acknowledgment of copyright law, in order to submit a proposal. Google’s Copyright page is really helpful for understanding these rules: http://goo.gl/fFF7wE
Technical Requirements and Suggestions
Click Here to Read
- In order to present, you will need:
- Required: A hardwired, high bandwith internet connection (while wifi will often work, we recommend directly connecting to your internet router, if possible, in order to broadcast your best possible video).
- Required: A webcamera. The one in your laptop works perfectly well. If the image is not crisp there are many low cost HD external webcameras available. We do not recommend using a tablet or phone.
- Required: Headphones with a microphone (this provides the best audio – ones that come with iDevices work well). If you rather go without headphones, we do recommend having an external mic far from your laptop speakers.
- We will share further recommendations with you if your session is selected.
SESSION PROPOSAL FORM
⇓ SESSION FORM WILL BE LIVE BELOW DURING THE PROPOSAL PERIOD ⇓