We bring Educators together.
Without ever leaving your building!
|Title||Leaders||Meeting Dates||Complimentary Full Study Series for members?|
|Close Reading K-5||Christopher Lehman and Kate Roberts||Tuesdays at 1-2 EST
10/25, 12/13, 1/17, 2/28, 3/7
|Coaching from the CORE: Coaching Ourselves, Raising Everyone||Dr. Dana Stachowiak||Tuesdays at 11AM-Noon EST
10/18, 12/13, 2/7, 3/7, 4/25
|Today’s Literacy Classroom: A Study of Balancing Tech & Text in Meaningful Ways||Kristin Ziemke and Katharine Hale||Wednesdays 8-9PM EST
10/26, 11/30, 1/11, 2/ 15, 3/8
Getting to know the group members was extremely fun and I loved being able to do this right from school. I found myself thinking more this year about my own growth as a coach and that has been extremely enlightening and up lifting.Past Member
The conversations I was able to initiate with my principal, reading specialists and colleagues were invaluable to my school and helped us to make decisions that put the kids front and center.Past Member
I was really just flying by the seat of my pants for most of the year and having the opportunity to talk things out with people in similar situations was very helpful. Thank you for the awesome opportunity.Past Member
Thank you to everyone who created and developed such a wonderful opportunity to grow professionally!Past Member
- Virtual, collaborative sessions. Not sit-and-get webinars full of voiced-over slides.
- Expertise from a member of The Educator Collaborative network and shared expertise from the group.
- Off-line assignments to extend Think Tank learning.
- Spread throughout the school year. Approximately one per month.
- Cohort-specific Voxer chat for ongoing conversation and collaboration
- Active, live-on-camera and microphone, face-to-face design.
- No need to miss school or incur travel expenses.
- Be directly involved–live–unlike most webinars or large lectures.
- Study classroom-proven, research-driven methods of student instruction and adult coaching.
- Practical, position-driven assignments to extend the Think Tank and put your learning into practice.
- Connect with a fellow Think Tank colleagues to share your progress.
- Think Tanks accept only 5-10 participants, ensuring each member is able to communicate, share, and receive tailored support.
- Educators from across the country and around the world develop professional bonds and share ideas.
- Receive an emailed Certificate and Digital Badge at the end of the Coaching Think Tank acknowledging participation and learning.
- Note: We are not a credit-granting organization. Check with your supervisor in advance to see how this certificate may or may not apply to learning hours or teacher evaluation domain evidence.