Intensive Learning Communities
That fit your busy schedule!
4-weeks. One hour, once per week live. Assignments between.
- Meet once per week for 4-weeks, online
- Led by internationally recognized experts
- Dive deep into a topic of study
- One hour live each week, then in-between assignments
- Engage in standards-aligned practices
Which is right for you?
Oh no! This cohort is now closed! Join our think tank to stay in the know!
Are you actively thinking about writing in the digital age? Join us in a deep dive into developing state of the art practices for digital writers in the age of social media, micro-writing and direct audience feedback.
Christopher Lehman and Kristin Ziemke
This cohort is closed.
In this 4 session Mini-Think Tank, join Christopher Lehman, Founding Director of The Educator Collaborative and Kristin Ziemke, coauthor of Amplify: Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom, for an intensive conversation on how the digital writing process is similar and different from the traditional one. Particular focus will be given to forms of micro-writing: blogs, tweets, video creation and the like. While open to all K-12 educators, preference is given to those that currently use technology such as these in their classrooms.
Sessions will include:
- State of the art thinking of digital writing practices from internationally recognized experts
- Innovative think tank setting, participants and leaders working together to develop new thinking and challenge current assumptions
- Development of research-driven teaching and learning practices to excel your students’ writing skills and their ability to write to an audience
- A community to support and push your work!
Danielson Domains: 1-4; CCSS: R7-10, W1-10; ISTE: 1-5
Are you working on a professional book or article for educators? Want expert guidance and a community to push your best thinking? Join us in a writing workshop by educators writing for educators!
- 11:00AM-Noon EST
- Cohort Meets:
- Wednesday, July 6
- Thursday, July 14
- Thursday, July 21
- Thursday, July 28
In this 4 session Mini-Think Tank, join Christopher Lehman, Founding Director of The Educator Collaborative and New York Times bestselling author for an online workshopping experience for educators working on education manuscripts for publication. Focus will be on writing for K-12 literacy (or related topics with a literacy focus) audience, works could be books or K-12 audience articles for journals. Priority given to those with manuscripts currently in process. Please complete registration questionnaire.
Sessions will include:
- Expert advice from a best-selling education author on topic selection, structure, and writing to the needs, hopes and dreams of an education audience to support the growth of students
- “Workshopping,” opportunities to receive feedback on your work from other members of the cohort
- A community push to meet your writing goals!
Danielson Domains: 3, 4; CCSS: R4-6, W1-10; ISTE: 5
- $130/cohort (that’s about $33/session)
- Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions